Monday, July 15, 2013

Overcast




I thought I saw your shadow near the window the other day. I always hated the night, but now I’m not so sure. It made me see in the dark what I hadn’t been able to see in years.

Then I thought about the years, the ones gone by. The moments which had created the memories which defined us, now seemed like a floating apparition.

It seemed like Time stood with his arms folded with a mocking smirk on its face gloating about a past which neither of us could undo nor experience again.

I stared a bit longer, hoping that the shadow would either knock on the window or stop lurking around. I knew neither was possible - for you wouldn’t let it knock and I wouldn’t set it free from lurking.

So we co-existed in a world which was half lit and half dark hoping that one day one of us would give up on the world of silhouettes…


Sanchita Johri

No comments:

Post a Comment