Monday, April 5, 2010

Terms and Conditions Apply!


So I sat there just staring into oblivion wondering about how he managed it, how did he love everyone and have everyone love him. He didn’t have much of a conversation, didn’t buy people gifts, I mean he never even paid anyone a compliment! Yet he managed everyone so well and even his time.
Then I thought about everyone else around me, everyone who is part of my circle of caring and all the others I know. I thought about how most of us have these apprehensions about approaching someone to be our friend, tell them we like them or for that matter people we are closest to don’t often get to hear how we much care. We are so caught up in judging others and also judging ourselves from their eyes that the mind is the Great Wall of China in most relationships.
Intrinsically most of us want the same things … love, health , wealth, recognition, etc - in not necessarily that order and yet we are so different or are we?
You see we all need definitions to survive and therefore pride ourselves more on the fact that our judgment of someone was right more than the quality of relationship we share. More often than not I realize that once we take a dislike to someone no matter what they say or do we look for proof to justify to ourselves the dislike for this person, even though we may have forgiven the same thing in someone else.
Oh Lord! Like I said this staring into the oblivion isn’t really the best thing, it gets me lost in a chain of thought and then I find myself ignoring him whom I had referred to when I began. He is my Golden Lab Scooby.His best attributes - he doesn’t live in the past, has no apprehensions, doesn’t judge others and best of all doesn’t judge himself !

This is a quote I read which said, " Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway".

No comments:

Post a Comment